REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 24, 2018!
June 25-29, 2018
FOR RISING FIRST–SIXTH GRADERS
Camp JAM (Jesus, Arts, & More) combines the best of SAPC’s past Music & Arts Camp and Vacation Bible School to minister to the whole child, training them to apply the gifts, talents, and abilities that God has blessed each of them with, so that they may be bright lights for Christ through their thoughts, actions, work, and play.
This year, come and learn about Daniel and how a life TRANSFORMED by God leads to faithfulness. God uses people like Daniel and his story to point people to Jesus!
Our Bible lessons will focus on Romans 12:2-
Day 1: Be different – (Daniel 1) Daniel and his friends obeyed God.
Day 2: Renew your mind – (Daniel 3) Daniel’s friends did not give in.
Day 3: Be wise – (Daniel 5) God gave Daniel wisdom.
Day 4: Trust God – (Daniel 6) God was with Daniel.
Day 5: Be transformed in Christ
Camp JAM will be Monday-Friday, June 25-29, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the church campus. Lunch is included! Children may be dropped off as early as 8:45 a.m., and must be picked up no later than 1:45 p.m. ALSO, plan to join us on Friday at 6:30 p.m. for our Showcase!
Rising 1st & 2nd graders are grouped together in their own special Bible, Choir, Music, Movement, and Hands-On classes. They do not choose their own classes.
Rising 3rd-6th Graders will take a class from each of the following categories:
Plus, everyone takes Bible and Choir!
Each student will take one class per category and will number in order of preference his or her top five (5) preferred classes for each category. Class placement will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be determined by class schedules, class-size limitations, and teacher availability. Though every effort will be made, exact placement cannot be guaranteed.
CLASSES FOR RISING 3rd-6th GRADERS
*New this year!
- Bucket Drumming – Have fun learning how to play different beats on buckets and take home your very own drumsticks!
- Guitar – Learn the basics and a song or two in just one week! This class is designed for students with NO previous experience.
- Handbells – Strike a song with the flick of your wrist! Ring out a tune & learn a touch of music theory.
- Organ – Explore the exciting possibilities of our Walker pipe organ! Prerequisite: 2 years piano.
- Very Beginning Piano – Learn the basics of tickling the ivories! This class is for those with absolutely ZERO previous instrument experience.
- Violin – You CAN make the strings sing! This class is designed for students with no previous experience.
- Dance – This high-energy class lets you move to the rhythm of the music!
- Drama – Take to the stage! Learn the basics of stage movement and acting.
- Indoor Sports – Learn about and play a variety of sports that are played indoors.
- Field Sports – Learn about and play a variety of outdoor team sports such as ultimate frisbee and kickball.
- Stomp & Beatball – Use your own body and everyday objects (like brooms, trashcans, and basketballs) to create rhythm! Be part of this special band.
- *CrossStick – Use dowel rods, creative movement, and dance to tell a story.
- Art – Come explore the various mediums of art and create your own masterpieces!
- Cooking – Learn basic cooking skills, including measuring and following simple recipes. Everyone will make a yummy concoction to enjoy! (Note: We are a nut-free facility.)
- Pottery – Enjoy learning the basics of pottery and making your own creation.
- Sewing – Learn the basics of sewing and stitch your way to creativity.
- Woodworking – Put your hands to good use! Learn the basics of building and creating with wood.
- *Puppetry – Learn the artistry off puppets.
Camp begins at 9:00 a.m. and carpool dismissal is at 1:30 p.m.
The day will also include:
- Opening: skit, memory verse, group worship
- Classes: one each of class placement in music, movement, and hands-on, plus Bible and Choir
- Spotlight – recital/presentation time
- Closing – announcements, recap of Bible lesson, dismissal
Registration costs $25 for the week and includes a t-shirt, lunch, and all supplies needed. You may pay online or in person with cash or check (payable to SAPC). [Note: credit/debit card payments are only accepted online; we do not accept credit/debit card for registration at the church office.] Registrations are not held until BOTH a registration form and payment are received in our offices. Registration fee is non-refundable.
Registration forms submitted after Camp JAM is filled will be given the option of being placed on a waiting list. There is no fee to be placed on the waiting list and the registration fee is not charged until placement can be verified.
Questions? Contact Jeanette Simpson, Director of Children’s Ministry (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jomona Williamson, Worship & Arts Administrator (email@example.com) or call the church office: 803-732-2273.
REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 24, 2018!