Registration is closed.
June 26-30, 2017
FOR RISING FIRST–SIXTH GRADERS
Camp JAM (Jesus, Arts, & More) is an exciting new summer children’s ministry that combines the best of SAPC’s past Vacation Bible School and Music & Arts Camp. Children will dig into God’s word each day through interactive study while exploring their individual gifts through a variety of hands-on elective classes that focus on the spiritual, relational, intellectual, physical and creative well-being of the whole child, training them to apply the gifts, talents, and abilities that God has blessed each of them with, so that they may be bright lights for Christ through their thoughts, actions, work, and play.
Our Bible lessons will be focused on Romans 12:
Day 1: We are to be lifelong worshipers of God
Day 2: We want changed hearts and minds and will make the right choices.
Day 3: We will work together as one body in harmony.
Day 4: We all have different gifts.
Day 5: We will learn how to be a true follower of Christ.
WHEN & WHERE?
Camp JAM will be Monday-Friday, June 26-30, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the church campus. Lunch is included! Children may be dropped off as early as 8:45 a.m., and must be picked up no later than 1:45 p.m. ALSO, plan to join us on Friday at 6:30 p.m. for our Showcase!
Rising 1st & 2nd graders are grouped together in their own special Choir, Music, Movement, and Hands-On apps (classes). They do not choose their own apps (classes).
Rising 3rd-6th Graders will take an app (class) from each of the following categories:
Plus, everyone takes Choir!
Each student will take one app (class) per category and will number in order of preference his or her top five (5) preferred apps (classes) for each category. App (class) placement will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be determined by class schedules, class-size limitations, and teacher availability. Though every effort will be made, exact placement cannot be guaranteed.
APPS (CLASSES) FOR RISING 3rd-6th GRADERS
*Instruments and supplies provided, except where noted.
- Bucket Drumming – Kids will have fun learning how to play different beats on buckets. Kids will take home their very own drumsticks!
- Guitar – Learn the basics and a song or two in just one week! This class is designed for students with NO previous experience.
- Handbells – Strike a song with the flick of your wrist! Ring out a tune & learn a touch of music theory.
- Hose-a-Phone – Create your own “trumpet” with just a mouthpiece, a hose, and a funnel. AND, learn how to play it!
- Organ – Explore the exciting possibilities of our Walker pipe organ! Prerequisite: 2 years piano.
- Very Beginning Piano – Learn the basics of tickling the ivories! This class is for those with NO previous instrument experience.
- Violin – You CAN make the strings sing! This class is designed for students with no previous experience.
- Dance – This high-energy class lets you move to the rhythm of the music!
- Drama – Take to the stage! Learn the basics of stage movement and acting.
- Body Strengthening – Learn the basics of strengthening and stretching the body God’s given you.
- Field Sports – Be introduced to a variety of unusual outdoor team sports such as ultimate frisbee and kickball.
- Stomp & Beatball – Use your own body and everyday objects (like brooms, trashcans, and basketballs) to create rhythm! Be part of this special band.
- Art – Come explore the various mediums of art and create your own masterpieces!
- Cooking – Learn basic cooking skills, including measuring. Everyone will make a yummy concoction to enjoy! (Note: We are a nut-free facility.)
- Pottery – Enjoy learning the basics of pottery and make your own creation.
- Sewing – Learn the basics of sewing and stitch your way to creativity.
- Woodworking – Put your hands to good use! Learn the basics of building and creating with wood.
Camp begins at 9:00 a.m. sharp and carpool dismissal is at 1:30 p.m.
The day will also include:
- Log In—Bible Lesson, Skit, Memory Verse, Group Worship
- Four Life Apps (classes), one of which is choir, plus one each: Music, Movement, Hands-On
- The Daily Download – Recital/Presentation Time
- MegaBytes – Lunch
- Log out – Announcements, recap of Bible lesson, dismissal
Registration costs $25 for the week, and includes a T-shirt, lunch, and all supplies needed. You may pay online or in person with cash or check (payable to SAPC). [Note: All credit/debit card payments must be made online by you. You may not pay by credit/debit card in person.] Registrations are not held until BOTH a registration form and payment are received in our offices. Registration fee is non-refundable.
Questions? Contact Jomona at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-1716.