Does this sound like you?“I’m over 65 years old and believe that I can participate even more in St Andrews Presbyterian Church. Our senior adult group nurtures me through thoughtful Bible studies. The special events interest me and I like to do things with the people who take part. Over lunch together, I realize that people really care for me and include me as a friend. I love to share my talents with the church and choose to be involved not only with other senior adults but with the whole church family.”
There are a variety of areas where you can be involved. A few are highlighted here. In addition to these specific groups, there are opportunities to assist with special events, work days at the church, missions trips and many other activities. Contact any ministry or call the church office for information, for ideas or to just ask questions.
Senior Adults (55+) meet every two weeks at 10:30 a.m., usually the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month, for a Bible Study and then lunch together. This fall, Dr. Welden will be teaching our Bible study.
SPRING 2017 SCHEDULE(Bible study led by Dr. Welden in Room 204)
- January 5 – Bible study and lunch ($5 chili and baked potatoes in the Great Hall)
- January 19 – Bible study and lunch (M Kitchen)
- February 2 – Bible study and lunch ($5 hot dogs in the Great Hall)
- February 16 – Bible study and lunch ($5 sub sandwiches in the Great Hall)
- March 2 – Bible study and lunch (Golden Bay)
- March 16 – Bible study and lunch (free fried chicken in the Great Hall! Please bring a side to share!)
- April 6 – Bible study and lunch ($5 lasagna in the Great Hall)
- April 20 – Bible study and lunch (Alodia’s)
- May 4 – Bible study and lunch ($6 catered lunch from Dimmiers Catering in the Great Hall)
- May 18 – Bible study and lunch (Grecian Gardens)