Are you looking for a place to connect with women in meaningful conversations? Perhaps you feel as though you need new ideas of how to process life’s challenges with a biblical foundation? Our classes and activities are planned intentionally to support women in different walks of life. Each study group is formatted differently, but they all have a few things in common: study materials are based on God’s Word, discussions are led by spiritually-mature women, prayer time is a valuable component, and fellowship is a “given”—we are really good at that!
Women’s Ministry Fellowship Groups (meet monthly)
(Many of the women in these groups that meet each month have older children, are married or single, and some have grandchildren. This is just to give an idea—they always welcome women in any stage of life!)
- Sarah Group: Meets on the third Monday of each month, from 10:30 a.m.-noon. The study book is “Woman of God”*. This group includes discussion and prayer time. Moderator: Noel Fuoto, Leader: Frances Gunter, Assistant Leader: Brenda Russell
- Hannah Group: Meets on the third Monday of each month, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. The study book is “Waiting for God”*. This group includes discussion and prayer time. Moderator: Chris Lockwood, Leader: Patsy Stump
- Joy Bunch: Meets on the first Thursday of each month at 11:45 a.m. for lunch at a local restaurant. No book is necessary. Leader: Debra DuBose, Assistant Leader: Gay Winter, Devotional Leader: Susan Dox
*Extra study books may be on hand at the first floor Information Desk or in our Resource Center for purchase. If not, we can give you the information so that you may order your own book if you missed the registration deadline.
Coming Fall 2018… T2M!: Beginning in September, SAPC Women’s Ministry will launch our Titus 2 Ministry! In small group that will meet each month, we will gather together for the purpose of building spiritual “mother-daughter” relationships. Please pray now as this women-to-women ministry unfolds.
Women’s Ministry Study Groups (meet weekly)
- The Mom Connection:** Meets Mondays from 9:30-11:00 a.m. in room 208 (begins January 8). During the class time, young Moms have an interactive discussion and a prayer time. The leaders/mentors bring years of experience to this study based on the book “Glimpses of Grace” by Gloria Furman. Newcomers and visitors are always welcome! Leaders: Susan Marsh and Debbie Williams
- Revelation Study: Meets Tuesdays from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in room 208 (begins January 9). Nancy Hughes will teach this class on the book of Revelation and lead discussions based on study questions she has written. Homework is not required but it is recommended to those who participate.
- Wednesday Morning Study:** Meets at 9:30 a.m. at SAPC (begins January 10). We will be reading for discussion “Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices” by Thomas Brooks. This book, first published in 1652, is a Puritan paperback. Leader: Alba Eckstrom
- Thursday Evening Study Group: Meets from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in room 208 (begins January 11). This intergenerational group includes a DVD teaching by Nancy Guthrie, discussion of the homework, prayer, and fellowship. The study book is “The Word of the Lord” and is the 5th book in the series, “Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament,” by Nancy Guthrie. Each book ‘stands alone,’ so newcomers are welcome! Leaders: Laura Hunt, Assistant Leader: Kelli Clifton
- Young Women’s Study Group: This group will begin meeting on Mondays in March 2018. Details for the study material will be announced soon! Co-Leaders: Ashley Suits and Teri DeBellis