June 22–26, 2020
for rising first–sixth graders
Camp JAM (Jesus, Arts, & More) combines the best of SAPC’s past Music & Arts Camp and Vacation Bible School to minister to the whole child, training them to apply the gifts, talents, and abilities that God has blessed each of them with, so that they may be bright lights for Christ through their thoughts, actions, work, and play.
This year, our theme is Race of Faith. We will be focused on Training Kids for Life and Godliness using 1 Timothy 4:7-8 as our guide. Our Olympians (aka, kids!) will be inspired to respond personally to the Word of God and run on His team as true champions in life’s marathon Race of Faith!
Camp JAM will take place Monday-Friday, June 22-26, from 9:00a to 1:30p on the church campus. Lunch is included! Children may be dropped off as early as 8:45a and must be picked up no later than 1:45p. ALSO, plan to join us on Friday at noon for our Showcase!
Rising 1st & 2nd graders are grouped together in their own special Bible, Choir, Music, Movement, and Hands-On classes. (They will also enjoy some free-play time on the playground.) They do not choose their own classes.
Rising 3rd-6th Graders will take a class from each of the following categories: Music, Movement, Hands-on, AND everyone will take Bible and Choir!
Each student will take one class per category and will number in order of preference his or her top three (3) preferred classes for each category. Class placement will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be determined by class schedules, class-size limitations, and teacher availability. Though every effort will be made, exact placement cannot be guaranteed.
CLASSES FOR RISING 3RD–6TH GRADERS:
- Bucket Drumming: Have fun learning how to play different beats on buckets and take home your very own drumsticks!
- Guitar: Learn the basics and a song or two in just one week! This class is designed for students with NO previous experience.
- Handbells: Strike a song with the flick of your wrist! Ring out a tune & learn a touch of music theory.
- Ukulele: A fun, new addition to the Camp JAM line-up! Learn the basics and a song or two in just one week. No previous experience required.
- Very Beginning Piano: Learn the basics of tickling the ivories! This class is for those with absolutely ZERO (0!) previous instrument experience.
- Violin: You CAN make the strings sing! This class is designed for students with no previous experience.
- CrossStick: Use dowel rods, creative movement, and dance to tell a story to music.
- Dance: This high-energy class lets you move to the rhythm of the music!(ballet/modern style dance)
- Indoor Sports: Learn about and play a variety of sports that are played indoors like broom hockey.
- Field Sports: Learn about and play a variety of outdoor team sports such as ultimate frisbee and kickball.
- Karate: Learn basic USK karate and build life skills in a fun, disciplined atmosphere. No previous experience required.
- Stomp & Beatball: Use your own body and everyday objects (like brooms, trashcans, and basketballs) to create rhythm! Be part of this special band.
- Art: Come explore the various mediums of art and create your own masterpieces!
- Cooking: Learn basic cooking skills, including measuring and following simple recipes. Everyone will make a yummy concoction to enjoy! (Note: We are a nut-free facility.)
- Jewelry Making: Have fun creating one-of-a-kind artwork that you can wear.
- Pottery: Enjoy learning the basics of pottery and making your own creation.
- Sewing: Learn the basics of sewing and stitch your way to creativity.
- Woodworking: Put your hands to good use! Learn the basics of building and creating with wood.
DAILY SCHEDULE (9:00a–1:30p):
Registration costs $25 for the week and includes a T-shirt, lunch, and all supplies needed. You may pay online (credit/debit card) or in person (cash or check payable to SAPC). [Note: credit/debit card payments are only accepted online; we cannot accept credit/debit card for registration at the church office.] Registrations are not held until BOTH a registration form and payment are received in our offices. Registration fee is non-refundable.
Registration forms submitted after Camp JAM registration is closed (April 24) or filled will be given the option of being placed on a waiting list. There is no fee to be placed on the waiting list and the registration fee is not charged until placement can be verified.
Questions? Contact Jeanette or Jomona at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-732-2273.