Palmetto Artist Series
We are delighted to present another season of the Palmetto Artist Series to our church and community. From singer-songwriters and family celebrations to comedic and dramatic theater and Dove Award winners, this season’s line up promises to be one of the best yet! Our presenters will provide the community with some stellar, family-friendly events over the coming nine months that you do not want to miss. Order your tickets and mark your calendars today!
Acts: The 3-Man Show ($15)
Friday, November 14, 2014, 7:30 p.m.
The groundbreaking and critically-acclaimed Christian drama Acts the 3-Man Show comes to the Palmetto Artist Series stage this season bringing the book of Acts to life in a powerful, dramatic production. Presented by professional Hollywood Christian actors, the show was hailed by Pastor and author John MacArthur as, “Brilliant, moving, captivating and compelling; an amazing feat of acting,” and has gained a reputation for biblical accuracy and artistic excellence. Don’t miss this season highlight!
The Many Moods of Christmas (No Charge)
Saturday, December 20, 2014, 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 21, 2014, 6:00 p.m.
The Worship and Arts Ministry of Saint Andrews Presbyterian Church presents this annual Christmas musical celebration. Classic Christmas carols are presented by a festival-sized choir and orchestra in a presentation that is quickly becoming an annual holiday tradition for many Midlands families.
Jill Phillips in Concert with Andy Gullahorn ($15)
Friday, February 13, 2015, 7:30 p.m.
Nashville-based singer-songwriters and married duo Andy Gullahorn and Jill Phillips join this year’s line-up for an intimate evening of songs and stories born out of life, marriage, parenting, and faith. After touring extensively with Caedmon’s Call and Bebo Norman, Jill Phillips launched her solo career in 2002. Her guitar based folk-rock sound combines with rich, insightful lyrics that deal with age-old topics in new and fresh ways. “Andy Gullahorn’s songs speak volumes to the everyman experience. Human foils are parried by the grace we all desperately need to be reminded of. His performances are insightful and funny, drawing the full range of emotion from his audiences.”
Fernando Ortega ($15)
Friday, March 6, 2015, 7:30 p.m.
Classically trained as a pianist but also steeped in the Hispanic tradition of his New Mexico homeland, gospel singer/songwriter Fernando Ortega recorded more than a half-dozen LPs for various labels before signing to Myrrh/Word in 1997 as part of a Christian musical renaissance. An aficionado of American and Irish folk as well as the Spanish-oriented music he grew up with, Ortega engages the listener with fresh familiarity in his music.
Love’s Shadow: A Maundy Thursday Service
Thursday, April 2, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
Through the beauty of choir, orchestra and narration, walk through the passion of the Christ in this meaningful, musical presentation that will help to frame your Holy Week observance. Communion will be served during this special Maundy Thursday service.
- All online purchases will be charged a $2.00 handling fee (listed under shipping), which includes mailing your tickets if your order is placed a week or more before the performance.
- Tickets purchased within one week of the performance will not be mailed but will automatically be put on hold in our offices. They may picked up during business hours or at will-call (opens one hour before the concert).(There are no mailing fee refunds for tickets which are held in our offices.)
- PLEASE NOTE that the day of the week varies for these events. Please check days/dates/times carefully. All programs, dates, and artists are subject to change.
- Season passes ($50) may be purchased through September 20, 2014.
- Sell-outs are anticipated. If tickets are still available the evening of the event, they may be purchased at will-call.
- All purchases are non-refundable.
- All events held on the campus of St. Andrews Presbyterian Church.
- Doors open no later than 30 minutes prior to each event. All seats are unassigned. Please arrive early.
- For your comfort, two elevators are available. For easiest access, look for the doors labeled as handicapped accessible. (The easiest access is from the back of the church.)
- Nursery facilities are not available during events unless noted. Bringing babies and small children is discouraged.
Interested in corporate sponsorship? Contact Jomona Williamson (732-2273 x105).
Artist Series Friends ($300)If circumstances allow, please consider showing your support as an Artist Series Friend. Artist Series Friends are special sponsors of the Palmetto Artist Series, and are given:
- Two season passes, mailed at no extra charge
- Tax deduction for total, less ticket costs (check with your tax advisor)
- Option for advance purchase of next season’s tickets, including early mailing
- Acknowledgement at concert series events
It is our desire to continue providing an affordable option for God-honoring, family entertainment in our community. We are dependent upon our Artist Series Friends’ help to do so.
The Man Who Came to Dinner
Dessert Theater ($15)
Catered by Nonnah’s!
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, September 19, 2014, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 20, 2014, 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 20, 2014, 7:00 p.m.
In this farce by playwrights Hart and Kaufman, caustic critic and famous radio personality Sheridan Whiteside slips on the front steps of a provincial Ohio businessman’s home and breaks his hip. Hilarity ensues as he and his entourage take over the house indefinitely until Sherry’s bitter tongue is finally tamed by love.
Sunday, October 19, 2014, 6:00 p.m.
This special family concert is being presented in conjunction with several ministries of Saint Andrews Presbyterian Church as a gift to church and community. Slugs & Bugs has applied its unique blend of sincerity and silliness to songs filled with lyrics straight from Scripture. The captivating melodies will have you and your kids memorizing Bible verses without even realizing it!